Monday, July 23, 2012

Adventures!

So, the first weekend has passed and it was full of adventure from beginning to end. It amazes me how different the days are here. Night becomes day and day become night. On saturday, myself and other students bit off a little more than we could chew. We decided to go to La Boca. Little did we know it was quite a ways away from where we were. Nonetheless, we made it there taking several modes of transportation and asking several people for directions.

The vibrant colors of La Boca are amazing and so inviting. We saw our first tango street performers, had tea, hot chocolate, and churros in a small cafe, and enjoyed the beautiful day! Soon after we found our way back home and began to get ready for our first night out on the town!

La plaza serrano, which is close to where I am living, is full of nightlife! Bars surround the small circle and clubs are abundant. After much searching we found Utopia. Literally. A small little bar where we were able to talk and have a few drinks. Afterwards we experienced our first boliche (dance club)!

Arriving home early the next morning we all were ready for a good night's sleep.

Waking up on Sunday afternoon, we all gathered at the Plaza Francia. There we walked around, grabbed some food, and experienced the feria. The city continues to amaze me. There are so many different aspects, so many different things to do we find it difficult to choose!

When I finally returned home, I enjoyed dinner with my host Mom and sister talking about everything from the barrio to politics. It was an amazing first weekend and I am excited for what's to come!

1 comment:

  1. "After much searching we found Utopia." hahahaha this made me laugh out loud - i hope your bringing the spirit of those green pants all over buenos aires. It seems like you are having a fabulous time and I can't wait to hear all about it! <3

    ReplyDelete