Saturday, September 22, 2012

First Day of Spring

Yesterday marked the first day of spring here in Buenos Aires and it was a beautifully refreshing day. The previous week was full of rain, a little bit of hail, and grey engulfed the city. Yesterday was also "Dia de los estudiantes" so students were off from school and everyone was outside enjoying the day. My friend and I spent the day in Palermo eating, shopping, and laughing. I am so blessed to have made friends here who I can consider family. It astounds me.

The past few weeks have been full of adventure. We went to Mendoza last weekend and it was the most breathtaking experience. I have always been in awe of nature, but the Andes actually took my breath away. I am sure I sounded like a broken record to my friends, but I couldn't help from saying, "This is unlike anything I have ever seen....guys are you looking at this?!"

When we are on the bus to Mendoza we spent the night on the bus and as we looked out the window all of our jaws dropped. The stars looked like they were under a magnifying glass. We so badly wished we could have gotten out of the bus to take in the night's sky completely, but we were perfectly satisfied to press our faces against the window to gaze upon the stars.

Mendoza was the perfect change of pace. It is still a city. It still has colectivos and somewhat busy streets, but life is slower. We were able to walk leisurely down the street and loosen up our up-tight Buenos Aires ways. From wine tours, to amazing food, to new friends the weekend was perfect from start to finish.


No comments:

Post a Comment