Wednesday, October 10, 2012

So, its been a while....

Yes it has been a month. Or maybe more. I realize my enthusiasm at the start was very ambitious and now am going to try and take a different approach to this blog. With the remaining two months that I have I am going to blog about one thing perhaps every few days that shocks me, inspires me, astounds me, calls me to reflect, or something I just find funny in the city. I think this is more realistic than reviewing my days. Most times I can't even remember what day it is, let alone the sequence of events.

That being said I have traveled much since my last blog (Mendoza y Jujuy) and I find this country so varied. The Andes literally took my breathe away and to have the opportunity to see them in various parts of Argentina has been a gift.

Also, my spanish has reached a new level and I finally feel like my hard work is paying off. Light bulbs have been going off for the past week or two and it has to be one of the most exciting things that has happened to me here. To maneuver in the language and attain a level of auto-correction is a small accomplishment, but a rewarding one.

My host sister and I have also been able to get to know each other better and I love just sitting at the table doing homework with her. I feel I can really call her a sister.

Hopefully this new agreement with myself will hold true and I will write more frequently.




No comments:

Post a Comment