Monday, December 10, 2012

The Grand Finale

Where has the time gone? I can not quite grasp that my time here in BA is coming to an end. This last month was filled with studying, tests, and travel. I found myself with limited computer access or simply too tired to put my fingers to work and type what has been going on this crazy experience.

From Punta del Este to Patagonia, we soaked up our last two grand adventures. From bikini's to big winter coats, both places were just what we needed. The city is now in summer mode and we not only needed to escape the heat, but the hustle and bustle. Uruguay was beautiful and tranqui. We were able to get some fresh air and recharge our batteries for the final exam week which followed immediately after. This past week we were in Calafate and El Chalten. Both breathtaking and honestly the most beautiful landscapes I have ever seen. I am still astounded by the variety this country holds.

Tomorrow I have my final exam in la UCA. It presents a new challenge as it is an oral exam. I will be in front of the two professors and be asked questions. In the U.S. this type of testing doesn't exist, or at least I have never encountered it.

After the exam, I can concentrate on all things BUENOS AIRES. My friends and I have made a list of the things we want to do before we leave and we are quite determined to accomplish them.

Likewise, the packing process is beginning and today I marveled at all I have acquired during my time here. I always assumed it would be so difficult to move abroad, but now I see it is quite simple. When I think about this room I am mind-blown that I have been here for a little more than 5 months. I feel such ownership of my space, of my host family, and of this city. I constructed a life here completely independent from my life in the states. That is beautiful.

At different points of my life I have experienced time differently. High school, at Scranton, but here in Argentina I am dumbstruck when I think back to July. I recently went back in my journal from my first weeks here and I had completely forgotten all those anxieties, fears, and worries I came here with.

I truly have changed and some might even say have become more like a porteƱa ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment